воскресенье, 17 сентября 2017 г.

Tesselation Quilt Top (Sew Sweetness)

Tesselation Quilt Top (Sew Sweetness)
Tesselation Quilt Top (Sew Sweetness)


It’s been a little while since I made a new quilt, but last night I finished this Tesselation quilt top! The pattern is hot off the presses in Alison Glass’s pattern shop, and available in both pdf and paper form. This is a gorgeous quilt that finishes at 48″ x 60″, which is a great size to quilt yourself on your sewing machine. I just got a new class on Craftsy, called ‘Creative Quilting with your Walking Foot’ by Jacquie Gering, and when I get around to quilting this sucker, I also plan on reviewing the class. Actually quilting a quilt is my weak area, so I’m hoping that this class will be a lightbulb for me!



If you think you’d like to make the Tesselation pattern this summer, stay tuned Monday as I will be kicking off a leisurely sew along on my blog for 6 weeks. I took photos of how I paper-pieced each block, which I hope will be helpful to newer paper-piecers!


Supplies Needed – This quilt may be made scrappy, but the pattern calls for 25 different 1/4 yard cuts, which I found to be accurate (I got exactly that much fabric, except in 1/2 yard cuts instead, and had just enough). I also like the solid version of the quilt on the back of the booklet.

MyBoatPlans
I used ‘Indelible’ fabrics by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics, as well as coordinating Pure Elements solids. I chose only fabrics that read as purple, gray, and teal from this line, in order to make my fabrics more distinctive-looking.



Pattern Pieces – This is a foundation paper-pieced pattern, and there are 6 different triangles used throughout the pattern (one triangle is a solid cut). The paper-piecing is fairly simple, and it was actually fun to do, as they went along quickly. I cut out all my fabrics and printed templates before I started, which made things go along a lot more quickly. Also, I pieced one type of block at a time, alternating between my 3 color groupings.



Instructions/Illustrations – The instructions are more than adequate to get through the pattern, and there are illustrations for cutting as well as for how to begin paper-piecing if you haven’t before.


Modifications – I didn’t make any modifications to the pattern. Besides a couple of triangles, I followed the layout on the back of the pattern exactly. It really is a very pretty layout, with a large star in the center of the quilt.



Conclusion – This was really fun to make! I am pretty sure I could have chosen any grouping of fabrics and any layout and it still would have come out amazing. It is very forgiving. I absolutely love that I used Indelible for this quilt, as the colors are gorgeous!


See you on Monday for the start of the sew along.


The post Tesselation Quilt Top appeared first on Sew Sweetness.


Original article and pictures take http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/12100833/3089032583 site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий