пятница, 28 июля 2017 г.

rainbow sprinkles

rainbow sprinkles
rainbow sprinkles



I used white (perfect for toddler clothing, right?) cotton because it was the only solid fabric I had on hand, but I think linen or voile would have been nice. It’s just ten rows of running stitches, with 1/4 inch between rows. I marked and stitched the rows before assembling the skirt. It’s a pretty mindless and relaxing activity, and a nice change of pace from sitting at the sewing machine

MyBoatPlans
.


The plan was to turn it into a Lazy Days skirt or to use the Simple Skirt tutorial from Made, but I’ve sewn up lots of both and I wanted to try something new. I was hoping to find a tutorial for a skirt with a flat front waistband and elastic in the back, but nothing came up in my search. Then about eight hours later, Anna from Noodlehead posted that very tutorial for Skirt Week on Crafterhours. Amazing, I tell you. Thanks, Anna! I had a little trouble figuring out the elastic in the back, but it all turned out fine in the end. Since I was making a toddler-sized skirt, I shortened the height of the waistband pieces one inch from the tutorial measurements, resulting in a 1.5 inch waistband. Here’s the flat waistband, along with some tummy:


Original article and pictures take https://probablyactually.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/rainbow-sprinkles/ site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий